Human Resources Generalist
CAL Classification: Administrative Specialist
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 dependent upon qualifications
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week; Full-time
Position Available: Immediately
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt employees, interns, and temporary employees
- Coordinate and perform tasks related to the hire and onboarding of new personnel including obtaining and processing required documents such as I-9 forms and E-Verify processing
- Maintain Human Resources Information System (HRIS) database to ensure the input, maintenance, and reporting of accurate information
- Organize HR related events such as new employee orientation, intern welcome, and benefit fairs
- Collect, process, track and communicate paperwork and other important information with the appropriate parties such as employment and benefits status, salary changes, etc
- Maintain staff handbook and human resources procedures manual
- Monitor performance evaluation program and notify staff and supervisors as required
- Administer employee benefits related responsibilities to include processing new enrollees and change reporting
- Facilitate and perform tasks related to employee separations and ensure processes are in compliance with HR policy and procedures
- Create and maintain accurate personnel files
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the human resources office and services performed
- Contribute to the development of human resources goals, objectives, and policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- BA/BS in human resources or related field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Understand principles, practices, and trends of human resources
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- PHR certification strongly preferred
- Ability to work well inter-departmentally and to be a team player
- Experience managing full life cycle recruitment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications (both verbal and written) skills.
- Skilled at prioritizing work and working well under pressure.
- Strong attention-to detail and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of employment laws
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Experience working with ADP Payroll/HRIS preferred
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 13-02
Attn: Recruitment 13-02
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.