Test Development Specialist
CAL Classification: Technical Specialist
Program Area: PreK-12 English Language Proficiency Assessment
Salary: $48,000 - $53,000
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Assist with research and test development for large-scale, computer-delivered Spanish academic language assessment for Spanish language speakers and learners in Kindergarten, first grade and second grade.
- Coordinate item development tasks of external consultants to ensure timely delivery of testing products
- Prepare and maintain a variety of files and records (i.e., research summary reports, bibliographies, etc.)
- Write graphics descriptions, request graphics, and request graphics revisions
- Review, edit, proof, and prepare test forms and ancillary materials
- Assist in the coordination of cognitive labs and the logistics of a large scale field test
- Write and review test materials and documents (charts, forms, schedules, etc.)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Assist in the development of test and item specifications
- Create test items for this grade cluster using test specifications as well as evaluate and revise items drafted by colleagues on team
- Review grades 1-2 text and graphics for content accuracy and grade level appropriateness according to test specifications
- Education: Bachelorís degree in Linguistics, Education, or related discipline and five years of related experience or Masterís degree with two years of related experience are required.
- Experience: Successful candidate will have experience working with Spanish speakers or learners in grades 1-2, and teaching experience in the areas of reading, assessment, literacy, or content area instruction. Must also be highly proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish.
The preferred candidate will be a self-motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment. Excellent skills in the following areas are highly desirable: organization, planning and time management; oral and interpersonal communication; ability to prioritize, writing, editing, and proofreading; and knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 13-05
Attn: Recruitment 13-05
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.