Postdoctoral Fellow in Psychometrics
CAL Classification: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Program Area: PreK-12 ELL Assessment, Psychometrics Research Team
Hours Per Week: Full time (35 hours/week)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Center for Applied Linguistics seeks to hire a recently graduated PhD (or ABD expecting to receive doctoral degree within 6 months of hire) in educational or psychological measurement and statistics, Psychometrics, educational psychology or a closely related field. Candidates must be interested in psychometric issues related to language assessment and computerizing an existing language assessment. The Fellow will work closely with the Psychometrics Research Team on projects that provide hands-on experience in applying measurement techniques to real-world language assessment issues. In addition, the Fellow may also be able to conduct their own research using CAL data, and to present findings at major conferences. The position is for two years, and is conditional on contract renewal.
- Under guidance of the lead Psychometrician, design and conduct psychometric analyses related to transitioning ACCESS for ELLs® to a computerized test
- Conduct and document psychometric, and statistical analyses
- Investigate, evaluate and report on new approaches to conducting psychometric analyses
- Support and monitor quality control procedures related to quantitative analyses, from data cleaning to the final report, ensuring the reliability and integrity of results
- Produce written reports and technical documentation that details the methodology, analysis and results to be reported to partner states
- Assist CAL projects with psychometric issues as requested
- Under the guidance of the lead Psychometrician, conduct special projects for the WIDA Consortium as requested
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- PhD in educational or psychological measurement and statistics, psychometrics, educational psychology or a closely related filed and 2+ years of experience; or, Masters Degree in a field described above and 10 years of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 13-11
Attn: Recruitment 13-11
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.