Test Development Manager
CAL Classification: Project Manager
Program Area: PreK-12 English Language Learner (ELL) Assessment
Salary: $59,000 - $66,000
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The language Test Development Manager manages all aspects of the development activities of PODER, a Spanish academic language proficiency test for students in grades K through 5.
- Ensure smooth functioning of all activities in a large test development project
- Manage a team of test developers in the development, review, and revision of test specifications, items, graphics and forms
- Manage the planning, conduct, and analysis of cognitive labs
- Manage recruiting, planning, conducting, and analyzing field tests
- Manage the PODER project’s test development tasks to ensure effective work flow
- Manage interactions with other teams, including Production, Psychometrics, and Professional Development
- Develop project milestones and ensure that they are met in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure project staff members have resources to do their job
- Manage day-to-day implementation of task assignments
- Facilitate clear communications with external project partners
- Find solutions to problems as they arise
- Review, edit, and revise test forms
- Document all feedback from all sources, and ensure that feedback is implemented, following a quality control protocol
- Communicate with senior staff and partners on timelines and deliverables
- Draft reports and ancillary test materials
- Limited travel is required
- Other related duties as assigned
- Masterís degree in Linguistics, Education, or related discipline, and a minimum of 6 years related experience, or a PhD and a minimum of 2 years related experience is required.
- Degree in Applied Linguistics, Language Testing, or related field preferred. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in managing the development of language assessments in an educational context and will also have experience using technology in an educational setting. A commitment to improving education, particularly for Spanish speakers, is essential. The preferred candidate will be a self-motivated self-starter, with excellent skills in the following areas: organization, planning, and time management; and oral and interpersonal communication. The ability to work independently and to work successfully in a team environment is essential.
- Language: Proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish preferred.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 13-16
Attn: Recruitment 13-16
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.