Senior Designer (Primarily Web & Interactive)
CAL Classification: Operations Technical Specialist
Program Area: PreK-12 ELL Assessment
Salary: $62,000 - $72,000
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Senior Designer, Primarily Web & Interactive will work closely with the Test Production Manager, members of the test production team, test development team, and technical team to create test items for HTML5 and Web-based technologies using InDesign storyboards. In addition, the Senior Designer, Primarily Web & Interactive will convert digital images from print booklets for use in InDesign storyboards and web-based test items.
- Develop test items for web-based technologies using InDesign storyboards, audio, HTML5 and CSS3
- Layout test items in InDesign storyboards
- Layout, code, test, debug test items in HTML 5 and CSS3
- Conduct research and development into emerging technologies as needed to meet project needs
- Follow detailed specifications provided in InDesign Storyboards and Excel Master Lists
- Ability to produce high quality test items under tight deadlines
- Process images using Photoshop CS6 for use in InDesign storyboards and web-based technologies
- Track progress of tasks using Excel spreadsheets and timelines
- Deliver projects on time
- Coordinate with CAL’s ACCESS 2.0 team of language testing specialists to ensure quality control procedures are followed
- Communicate with Production Team Manager about graphics and layout concerns and timelines
- Provide production support to Test Production Team
- Assist the Test Production Team Manager in overseeing the work of the test production team, including quality checking the work team members.
- Assist Test Production Manager in training members of production staff and/or test development staff in new technologies and procedures
- Fill in for the Test Production Team Manager in her absence, when assigned
- Strong work ethic with positive attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelorís degree in Interactive Design, Communications Design, or Multimedia Design is required.
This position requires a high level of proficiency in design, web, and multimedia software and applications. The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge interactive media, five (5) years of experience developing interactive items for web using HTML and CSS. He/she will have advanced knowledge of Adobe design programs, a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, and a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a team environment. It is preferred that the candidate be a skilled digital illustrator with the ability to color and process images for web-delivery and print. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to help team members work within established deadlines. The preferred candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment. Excellent skills in the following areas are highly desirable: organization, planning, and time management; oral and interpersonal communication; writing, editing, and proofreading. Preferred knowledge of Adobe Edge and creation of SVGs for interactive sites.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 13-26
Attn: Recruitment 13-26
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.