Test Production Team Manager
CAL Classification: Graphic Design Manager
Program Area: PreK-12 ELLs Assessment
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Supervise and coordinate the work of a graphic design/production team that produces graphic-intense paper and computer-based language assessments for K-12.
- Supervise, guide and monitor performance of 5- 6 production staff
- Create efficient timelines/task workflow and ensure adherence to strict, fast-paced deadlines
- Develop and monitor implementation of quality control procedures for processing graphics (e.g., .svg and .png) using AI and creating test forms using InDesign templates, HTML5, and CSS3
- Oversee image development, including task distribution, graphics ordering, layout, coloring, revisions, and communication with artists
- Track and monitor task workflow and assignments
- Ensure smooth communication and coordination between the production team and the test development and technology teams
- Coordinate and fulfill requests for work coming from different teams within a large project, streamline schedules and implementation
- Plan and lead regular team meetings
- Carry out research for pricing or costing issues related to the project as needed
- Negotiate with contractors on timelines, cost, personnel as needed
- Transmit final test deliverables in the correct and secured formats for print and computer delivery
- Maintain brand image and integrity across all projects
- Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in graphic design
- Oversee the production of brochures, manuals, and other test and project related materials as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Education: BA/BS degree in related field or a minimum of five years of equivalent education, and five years of related experience, including supervisory experience are required.
- Experience: Successful candidate will have significant experience supervising a team of designers to produce computer-based as well as paper-based materials. He or she will have project and/or production management experience, facility with the technical aspects of key software required for graphics editing, layout, and design, as well as experience working on production during all phases of development from specifications and templates through final camera-ready versions.
The preferred candidate will be able to balance multiple tasks and schedules, create efficiencies within production processes, and lead a team of several staff. The preferred candidate will have strong attention to detail and analytical as well as a creative approach to tasks; the ability to juggle the coordination of multiple tasks keeping all on target in quality output and on deadline. Excellent skills in the following areas are highly desirable: organization, planning, and time management; oral and interpersonal communication; experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver), HTML5, CSS3, and Microsoft Office software.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 14-01
Attn: Recruitment 14-01
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.