CAL Classification: Program Assistant
Program Area: PreK-12 English Language Learners (ELL)
Salary: $28,062 - $45,601
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Program Assistant provides administrative and project support to program staff. Assistance may include helping staff to respond to internal and external requests for information and resources, support for meetings and submission of reports, and general support for project activities vital to completion of project and program goals. The Program Assistant responds directly to requests from the fields of education, linguistics, language minority schooling, and language policy.
- Compile information for development and submission of regular progress reports to project funders
- Provide information, resources, and coordinates schedules and logistics for meetings and webinars
- Respond to requests from field-based stakeholders with guidance from senior staff
- Contribute to the development and hosting of large-scale conferences and meeting events
- Use web-based tools, as well as operate, navigate, and facilitate communication, resource development, and interaction among participants within a large-scale online Course Management System
- Contribute to the development of large-scale webinar sessions targeting field-based stakeholders, including administrative support, coordinating with guests and other internal and external audiences, and connecting with partner organizations and funders, as well as support for both logistical and technical considerations
- Organize and maintain resources, documents, timelines, and general information related to project activities including oversight of internally and externally submitted materials under the direction of senior staff
- Compile materials for presentations at major national and international scholarly conferences in the field of language policy and planning
- Conduct communication with key leaders in the field of language policy and planning around content, meetings, and collaboration for current and future work and activities
- Update web-based information and work closely with staff to ensure updated web content
- Education: Bachelorís degree preferably in Linguistics, Education, or a related field.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external staff from diverse backgrounds
- Strong oral and written communication skills; detailed and accurate data entry skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a range of information for a variety of projects
- Friendly, helpful and welcoming demeanor, demonstrated in person, in writing and on the phone
- Strong ability to anticipate and address problems
- Ability to work independently, at the direction of others, and in a team-focused environment
- Proficiency in multiple languages preferred; Spanish proficiency preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and common business software, Survey Monkey, database programs, social media, Smart-Board technology, Course Management Systems, programs supporting meeting development, and programs supporting Webinars
- Ability to travel required
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 14-07
Attn: Recruitment 14-07
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.