CAL Classification: Analyst
Program Area: Communications and Product Development
Hours Per Week: 17.5 hrs/wk (part-time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Market Analyst is responsible for identifying, evaluating and recommending new business opportunities for the CAL portfolio as it seeks to open the Latin American market. Reporting to the Director, Product & Service Operations, the Market Analyst Ė Latin America will work closely with CALís designated team to develop and implement plans to open the Latin American market for CALís products and services. The focus of activities in FY14 will be on developing and implementing plans to sell testing products and professional development services for educators within the Mexican market.
- Provide information on the Mexican and/or Latin American markets to inform CAL’s plans, including providing market data to inform business planning and decisions by CAL, including data aboutthe market, potential clients, and competitors
- Provide analysis of competitors and customer needs
- Leverage contacts within the market to introduce CAL and support sales to prospective clients
- Work closely with the Director, Product and Service Operations and the CAL team to identify opportunities for test development and sales
- Identify opportunities for sales of CAL’s professional development services for educators
- Education: BA/BS or equivalent in a relevant field and three years of related experience
- Knowledge and experience in planning, analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of programs, processes and projects
- Ability to use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and business processes
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations
- Ability to effectively manipulate data to present program status and make recommendations on improving business processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish.
- Experience in providing market analysis and developing business plans for implementation.
- Proven track record of sales within the Latin American market.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 14-08
Attn: Recruitment 14-08
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.