CAL Classification: Research Associate
Program Area: PreK-12 English Language Learners
Salary: $59,568 - $96,798
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Research Associate has one or more specific areas of content expertise and carries out research and research-related activity in those areas, supporting the work of one or more CAL research scientists and senior research scientists or a larger program or project. The Research Associate brings some expertise in the methodologies appropriate to the type of work conducted, including best practices in technical assistance provision (for service providers) and relevant qualitative and quantitative research methods and analytical procedures (for researchers).
- Carry out tasks and activities as required for specific project activities, including oversight of timelines, communication with external partners and other staff, and management and execution of project-based tasks under the guidance of the Project Director.
- Apply knowledge of methods, theories, foundations, and approaches to curriculum and instruction to development of content in the field of language minority schooling
- Apply knowledge of approaches to research in the areas of quantitative and/or qualitative analysis and methods
- Conduct moderately complex assignments under indirect supervision
- Articulate findings in writing and through presentations
- Communicate project support needs and requests to upper level management and provide administrative support where applicable
- Conduct literature reviews and write communication to upper level stakeholders in the field of education
- Maintain and oversee the development of content development and delivery in a major Learning Management System (LMS)
- Utilize external resources, particularly those available online, to supplement, organize, and contribute to tasks and project
- Conduct minor budget management to ensure contract/grant compliance and efficient use of funds
- Conduct communication and research, write reports and proposals, and present at major conferences in the field of language policy
- Education: PhD in Education, Linguistics, or a related field; or MA/MS in Education, Linguistics, or a related field with 10 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in and with Learning Management Systems as well as in virtual settings
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex research projects
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel is required
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 14-09
Attn: Recruitment 14-09
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.