CAL Classification: Research Assistant I
Program Area: PreK-12 English Language Learners
Salary: $42,922 - $69,748
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Research Assistant provides research and development support for project-specific tasks and activities. The Research Assistant is responsible for carrying out project activities as assigned, contributing to the completion of project tasks and deliverables.
- Provide support for CAL projects, including searches for literature, resources, and other information sources and communicate findings to internal team
- Under direct guidance, populate content in a Learning Management System and contribute to virtual content development, particularly through administrative and support tasks and duties
- Assist in development of current and future projects by conducting research on topics for new studies, writing proposals, and identifying potential funders
- Interact and collaborate with internal project teams on a regular basis, including through administrative and support-oriented duties
- Provide support for communication with key external stakeholders in the field of education
- Under indirect guidance, become familiar with resources for contacting foundations
- Initiate and follow-up on communications with foundations
- Education: MA/MS in relevant field with 2 years of experience, or a BA/BS in a relevant field with 6 years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Acute attention to detail and strong work ethic
- A combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel is required
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 14-10
Attn: Recruitment 14-10
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.