Quantitative Research Assistant
CAL Classification: Research Assistant I
Program Area: Psychometric Research
Salary: $43,000 - $48,000
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Language Test Development Quantitative Research Assistant will work closely with members of Psychometrics/Research team to support a broad range of research activities related to psychometric and research projects within CAL. Research will include language testing and applied linguistics projects.
- Assist project teams in the preparation of data for analysis and reporting (e.g., collecting, entering, scoring, transforming, recoding, validating, cleaning, merging, restructuring of data), taking appropriate steps to ensure quality
- Conduct data analysis using statistical software such as SPSS.
- Assist project teams in preparing technical reports
- Assist project teams in preparing presentation materials
- Other duties as assigned
A college degree program at the undergraduate level in a related field or three to five years of relevant experience.
Education: Masterís degree in a quantitative discipline and a minimum of 2 years of experience, or a Bachelorís degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience required
Experience: At least 1 year of data preparation and analysis.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Strong analytic skills. Some training in research methodology and quantitative analysis preferred.
- Experience writing SPSS Syntax is a plus.
- Experience in language testing or bilingual education is a plus.
- Excellent skills in basic office business software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work independently and to work successfully in a team environment is essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Phyllis Tate, Recruitment 12-22
Attn: Recruitment 12-22
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.