Senior Technical Writer
CAL Classification: Research Associate I
Program Area: Psychometric Research
Salary: $59,500 - $76,508
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
As a member of a quantitatively oriented research team, collaborate with team members to produce, review, and revise written documentation (e.g., briefs, technical reports, journal articles) on the outcome of quantitative and psychometric research and analyses pertaining to language testing and applied linguistics projects.
- Lead in the writing of research documents, technical reports, and publishable journal articles summarizing research results
- Lead in the writing of quantitative and research sections of grant proposals
- Prepare written documentation suitable for various stakeholder groups
- Communicate and collaborate within and across working groups at CAL, along with outside partners to support research and writing activities
- Assist in carrying out quality control procedures to assure the validity of data, analytical methods and results
- Provide support to conducting quantitative analyses using statistical software including SPSS, Winsteps and others
- Provide support to the design of research supporting the development of new assessments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters Degree in Psychometrics with a minimum of six years of experience, or a Doctorate Degree in Psychometrics with a minimum of two of experience.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Proven ability to write on quantitative research for a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to work successfully in a team environment.
- Proven ability to write publishable journal articles and research reports in English.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Phyllis Tate, Recruitment 12-23
Attn: Recruitment 12-23
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.