BEST Plus 2.0 Test Administrator Training
BEST Plus 2.0 begins with training to ensure the accurate use and scoring of the test. All administrators are required to attend a 6 contact hour training workshop conducted by a certified BEST Plus 2.0 trainer before they may begin testing.
Goals of the BEST Plus 2.0 Training Workshops
- Prepare participants to administer BEST Plus 2.0 via both the computer-adaptive and print-based versions.
- Instruct participants in using the BEST Plus 2.0 Scoring Rubric.
- Provide participants the opportunity to practice administering and scoring BEST Plus 2.0.
During the training, the trainer provides the workshop participants with an overview of the development and the purposes of BEST Plus 2.0. Participants are guided through scoring benchmarks and practice administering the test and scoring responses in a group environment.
BEST Plus 2.0 training can be customized to highlight the computer-adaptive or semi-adaptive print-based verson of the test depending on the program's needs. Test administrators often comment that the training workshop is a good professional development opportunity to understand oral proficiency in the context of an assessment. Learn about training options.
At the workshop, each participant receives what is needed to begin testing:
- BEST Plus 2.0 Test Administrator Guide
- BEST Plus 2.0 Scoring Rubric