BEST Plus 2.0 Trainers
BEST Plus 2.0 trainers play a critical role in ensuring that test administrators have the information and skills that they need to administer and score BEST Plus 2.0.
- BEST Plus training is a 6 contact hour training workshop. CAL's policy is that the participants should not be absent from the workshop for more than 30 minutes. The trainer has the discretion to determine whether or not a participant should be approved as a test administrator, based on participant attendance and performance during the training.
- Each training participant should have a BEST Plus 2.0 Test Administrator Guide for use during the training. Please contact your host organization's program administrator immediately if additional materials are needed.
- BEST Plus trainings can be customized to focus on either the computer-adaptive or the print-based version of the test. When the computer-adaptive version is emphasized, it is a good idea to encourage test administrators to have print-based versions available during testing in the event of a technological problem.
- Replacement copies of the BEST Plus Trainer Manual BEST Plus Training Video, PowerPoint CD, and samples of print-based materials may be obtained at no cost. Please email BEST Plus User Support to request a replacement copy.
- Within three days after each training, the completed Test Administrator Registration and Evaluation Forms (white copies) should be sent to CAL's address (listed at the bottom of each form).
- BEST Plus training can only be given by a certified BEST Plus Trainer for whom CAL has a signed and current BEST Plus Trainer Agreement.
- CAL strongly recommends that all BEST Plus test administrators, including trainers, should recalibrate their scoring. The BEST Plus Scoring Refresher Toolkit is available for this purpose. Access the BEST Plus 2.0 Scoring Refresher Online Feedback Program.
Email CAL to learn more about becoming a BEST Plus 2.0 Trainer.