Helping students of Arabic understand, self-assess, and improve their oral proficiency
What is this guide?This guide is designed to help you understand and improve your Arabic oral proficiency by learning about:
- What oral proficiency is and how it relates to your language learning goals
- A set of guidelines that can be used to rate your speaking ability
- The kind of outcomes you can reasonably expect after different amounts of Arabic study
After that, you can apply what you've learned by:
- Listening to examples of real students speaking Arabic at different levels
- Rating your own speaking ability
How do I use the guide?
- The guide has an introduction followed by five main sections, a review of what you've learned, and resources for further learning.
- Use the right arrow on the bottom of the page to go to the next page.
- Use the left arrow to go back to the previous page.
- You can also navigate to other sections using the sidebar on the left.
- Click the
links to view and hide additional information.
- Extra information will appear below the link.