Helping students of Arabic understand, self-assess, and improve their oral proficiency
What have I learned?
You have now completed Arabic Oral Proficiency: A Guide for Students. Let's summarize what the five sections have covered.
Part 1: Why should I self-assess?
- Definition of self-assessment
- Motivational benefits of self-assessment
- Academic benefits of self-assessment
Part 2: What is oral proficiency?
- Definition of oral proficiency
- Importance of oral proficiency
- Measuring oral proficiency using the ACTFL Guidelines
Part 3: How long will it take to become proficient?
- Learner differences in attaining oral proficiency
- Oral proficiency outcomes to expect from different amounts of Arabic study
Part 4: How can I assess my own oral proficiency?
- Speaking abilities (tasks, topics, quantity, and quality of language) at the major proficiency levels
- Tips to help you assess your oral proficiency
- Sample task responses at each level
Part 5: How can I improve my oral proficiency?
- Tips for improving fluency of speech
- Tips for improving accuracy of speech