Call for Papers
With the support of the Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL), Second Language Testing, Inc. (SLTI), Georgetown University, and the National Capital Language Resource Center (NCLRC), the East Coast Organization of Language Testers (ECOLT) will hold its tenth annual conference on October 28-29, 2011 in Washington, D.C.
Plenary Speaker Carol Chapelle, Iowa State University
Receipt Deadline: Monday, June 27, 2011
Notification: July, 2011
We invite proposals from colleagues in academia and education, government, and for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. ECOLT encourages students, researchers, and teachers to present papers or posters on projects on validity: opportunities and challenges.
TYPES OF PRESENTATIONS:
PAPERS: (30 minutes)
This format is best suited for theory-oriented presentations or the presentation of completed research. Presenters will have 20 minutes to discuss their paper, followed by 10 minutes for questions and comments from the audience.
POSTERS: (1 hour)
Poster sessions will provide an opportunity for the presentation of work in progress and research that is being planned, as well as for the presentation of test development projects, new tests, and technological innovations. Poster presenters will interact with interested participants at the location of the poster display for an hour.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA:
- Contribution to the field
- Quality of the research/study
- Clarity of the abstract
FORMAT OF PROPOSALS:
Each submission should be on two pages.
- Contact information:
- Full name of principal presenter and full contact information (affiliation, postal address, telephone, fax, email) All return correspondence will be to this individual only.
- Full names, affiliations, addresses, and email addresses of co-presenter(s) if any
- Context of the issue(s) researched
- Purpose of the study
- Summary of the methodology or analytical procedures used
- Implications/significance to the field of language testing
- Type of presentation (Paper or Poster)
- Title of presentation
- Abstract (duplicated from Page One)
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:Back to the top of the page