WIDA advances academic language development and academic achievement for children and youth who are culturally and linguistically diverse through high quality standards, assessments, research, and professional learning for educators.
Dr. Timothy Boals serves as the Executive Director of the WIDA Consortium. Dr. Mariana Castro, Director of Standards at WIDA, serves on the NDLF Advisory Committee.
To be the most trusted and valued resource in supporting the education of language learners.
- Innovation: Drawing upon research and practice to create the best resources for children, youth and educators.
- Service: Exceeding expectations with trusted and knowledgeable support of our clients and stakeholders.
- Can Do Philosophy: Recognizing and building upon the assets, contributions, and potential of culturally and linguistically diverse children and youth.
- Collaboration: Facilitating interaction among educators, state and local educational agencies, researchers, policy-makers, and experts worldwide.
- Social Justice: Challenging linguistic discrimination, cultural biases, and racism in education.