Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- The Bilingual Edge: Why, When, and How to Teach Your Child a Second Language
- The Education of Language Minority Immigrants in the United States
- The March for our Lives: Bringing Power and Authenticity to the Language and Literacy Standards - A CAL Commentary
- The National K-12 Foreign Language Enrollment Survey Report: The State of Language in the United States
- The SIOP Model: Sheltered Instruction for Academic Achievement (Video)
- The SIOP® Model for Administrators
- Using the SIOP Model: Professional Development Manual for Sheltered Instruction, 2nd Edition
- Ways With Words: Language, Life, and Work in Communities and Classrooms
- Welcome to the United States: A Guidebook for Refugees
- What Teachers Need to Know About Language – Second Edition