Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- Early Language Assessments
- Ebonics: The Urban Education Debate, 2nd Edition
- Educating English Language Learners: A Synthesis of Research Evidence
- Education for Adult English Language Learners in the United States
- English Language Learners With Special Education Needs: Identification, Assessment, and Instruction
- English Language Teaching as a Second Career
- Enhancing English Language Learning in Elementary Classrooms
- Enriching Content Classes for Secondary ESOL Students
- Ensuring Fairness in Language Proficiency Assessments: Q&A - A CAL Commentary
- Faces of Resettlement: Refugees in U.S. Communities (Video)