The Center for Applied Linguistics develops a variety of publications related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, immigrant and refugee integration, and more.
Our publications are described within this section and also cross-referenced under the appropriate topic areas for your convenience. We invite you to browse our complete list of publications. Click on a title below for a brief description. To learn more or to order, visit the CAL Store.
Two videos, combined on on DVD, designed to assist refugees and refugee service providers in learning about the adjustment of refugee families and youth to their new lives in the United States.
The new and enhanced professional development manual is designed to assist educators as they prepare teachers of English language learners to use the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Model.
- Developing Academic Literacy and Language in the Content Areas
- Developing Literacy in Second-Language Learners
- Developing Reading and Writing in Second-Language Learners
- Dialects in Schools and Communities, Second Edition
- Ebonics: The Urban Education Debate, 2nd Edition
- Educating English Language Learners: A Synthesis of Research Evidence
- Education for Adult English Language Learners in the United States
- English Language Learners With Special Education Needs: Identification, Assessment, and Instruction
- Enhancing English Language Learning in Elementary Classrooms
- Enriching Content Classes for Secondary ESOL Students