The Center for Applied Linguistics develops a variety of publications related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, immigrant and refugee integration, and more.
Our publications are described within this section and also cross-referenced under the appropriate topic areas for your convenience. We invite you to browse our complete list of publications. Click on a title below for a brief description. To learn more or to order, visit the CAL Store.
Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education has been updated to reflect new knowledge, practices, and policies in the arena of dual language education. The third edition of this widely used resource is designed to serve as an effective tool for planning, self-reflection, and continual improvement.
Based on a 21st century approach to academic literacy that is aligned with today’s rigorous standards, this resource provides research-based strategies and practical, hands-on tools to help educators develop effective classroom activities. The package includes a comprehensive workbook supported by authentic classroom video and two complete unit plans on CD-ROM.
- Connecting Diverse Cultures: A Video Guide for A New Day and Be Who You Are
- Consumer Protection Websites – Free Online Resources
- Creating Access: Language and Academic Programs for Secondary School Newcomers
- Demonstrating Comprehensible Input: Mandarin Chinese Lesson Video Clips
- Designing Effective Activity Centers for Diverse Learners: A Guide for Teachers at All Grade Levels
- Developing Academic Literacy and Language in the Content Areas
- Developing Literacy in Second-Language Learners
- Developing Reading and Writing in Second-Language Learners
- Dialects at School: Educating Linguistically Diverse Students
- Dialects in Schools and Communities, Second Edition