The Center for Applied Linguistics develops a variety of publications related to language education, linguistics, policy, cultural education, and more.
Our publications are described within this section and also cross-referenced under the appropriate topic areas for your convenience. We invite you to browse our complete list of publications. Click on a title below for a brief description. To learn more or to order, visit the CAL Store.
Two videos, combined on on DVD, designed to assist refugees and refugee service providers in learning about the adjustment of refugee families and youth to their new lives in the United States.
The new and enhanced professional development manual is designed to assist educators as they prepare teachers of English language learners to use the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Model.
- Forbidden Language: English Learners and Restrictive Language Policies
- Foreign Language Instruction in the United States: A National Survey of Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Foreign Language Teaching in U.S. Schools: Results of a National Survey
- Foundations of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 5th Edition
- Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education, Second Edition
- Handbook of Heritage, Community, and Native American Languages in the United States: Research, Policy, and Educational Practice
- Helping English Learners Succeed: An Overview of the SIOP Model (Video)
- Helping Newcomer Students Succeed in Secondary Schools and Beyond
- Heritage Language Education: A New Field Emerging
- Immersion Education: Practices, Policies, Possibilities