The Center for Applied Linguistics develops a variety of publications related to language education, linguistics, policy, cultural education, and more.
Our publications are described within this section and also cross-referenced under the appropriate topic areas for your convenience. We invite you to browse our complete list of publications. Click on a title below for a brief description. To learn more or to order, visit the CAL Store.
Two videos, combined on on DVD, designed to assist refugees and refugee service providers in learning about the adjustment of refugee families and youth to their new lives in the United States.
The new and enhanced professional development manual is designed to assist educators as they prepare teachers of English language learners to use the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Model.
- Implementing Educational Language Policy in Arizona: Legal, Historical and Current Practices
- Improving Education for English Learners: Research-Based Approaches
- Language By Video: An Overview of Foreign Language Instructional Videos for Children
- Language Policy, Politics, and Diversity in Education - Review of Research in Education Volume 38
- Learning to Read Across Languages: Cross-Linguistic Relationships in First-and-Second-Language Literacy Development
- Lessons Learned: Model Early Foreign Language Programs
- Linguistic Landscape in the City
- Listening and Speaking: Oral Language and Vocabulary Development for English Language Learners
- Literacy and Language Diversity in the United States, 2nd Edition
- Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP® Model, 4th Edition