The Center for Applied Linguistics develops a variety of publications related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, immigrant and refugee integration, and more.
Our publications are described within this section and also cross-referenced under the appropriate topic areas for your convenience. We invite you to browse our complete list of publications. Click on a title below for a brief description. To learn more or to order, visit the CAL Store.
Two videos, combined on on DVD, designed to assist refugees and refugee service providers in learning about the adjustment of refugee families and youth to their new lives in the United States.
The new and enhanced professional development manual is designed to assist educators as they prepare teachers of English language learners to use the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Model.
- Literacy and Language Diversity in the United States, 2nd Edition
- Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP® Model, 4th Edition
- Making Your Way: A Reception and Placement Orientation Curriculum
- Math and Science: Skills and Strategies to Adapt Instruction for English Language Learners
- Multimedia Rater Training Program (MRTP) - Spanish, French and German Versions
- Pathways to Multilingualism: Evolving Perspectives on Immersion Education
- Practitioner Toolkit: Working With Adult English Language Learners
- Reading and Adult English Language Learners: A Review of the Research
- Realizing the Vision of Two-Way Immersion: Fostering Effective Programs and Classrooms
- Redesigning English-Medium Classrooms: Using Research to Enhance English Learner Achievement