About CAL
Join Our List
Featured Publication
Redesigning English-Medium Classrooms book cover
Email this page
Print this page


Online Resources: Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find out about openings for positions teaching English abroad? What should I do to prepare?

Although CAL does not keep its own list of job openings and opportunities, we are pleased to refer you to organizations and Web sites with information about teaching English abroad.

The first step in preparing yourself to teach English abroad is to contact Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), the major professional organization for those involved in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) or English as a Foreign Language (EFL). Contact them by telephone at (703) 836-0774 to inquire about their Job Placement Services and helpful publications. TESOL's job listing service (for which there is a fee) posts real-world opportunities for employment.

Resource Guide Online: Preparing to Teach English Abroad

Return to the list of Frequently Asked Questions.