Frequently Asked Questions about TWI
What institutions provide teacher training or professional development for TWI teachers?
The Center for Applied Linguistics offers a number of different kinds of professional development, including workshops using the Two-Way Immersion SIOP. See our Services page or contact Julie Sugarman for more information on CAL services.
There are many universities that provide certification or degree programs in bilingual education, but few specifically for TWI or dual language. University programs that we know of that do provide training for TWI/dual language teachers are:
- Bank Street College of Education (NYC)
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, San Marcos
- California State University, Stanislaus
- Edgewood College (WI)
- San Diego State University
- Texas A&M University (College Station, also online)
- University of Colorado at Denver
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, also online)
- University of St. Thomas (Houston)
- University of Texas at Brownsville
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas-Pan American
See also the list of professional conferences for TWI professionals.