Frequently Asked Questions about TWI
I know of a program that calls itself two-way immersion or dual language, but it's not in your Directory. Why not?
- It's a different kind of dual language program, based on its population (developmental bilingual, with mostly native speakers of the partner language, or foreign language immersion, with mostly native speakers of English).
- It's a transitional bilingual program or foreign language program that does not use the partner language for at least 50% of instruction.
- It's a transitional bilingual program or foreign language program that does not last at least 5 years.
- Students from the two language groups are not integrated at least 50% of the day.
- We don't know about them! Please encourage them to go to the Directory Web site and fill out a questionnaire!