Arlington County, VA Spanish Partial-Immersion Program Rubrics for Writing and Speaking in English and Spanish for Grades 1-5 (1997)
Sample Writing Tasks
- how to keep your teeth clean and healthy
- write directions on how to...
- explain ways to be healthy
- caring for your pet instruction booklet
- write rules for a game
- compose a poster explaining how to...
- research an animal
- learning log
- paper about the solar system
- life in colonial Virginia or research paper on the life of an important Virginian
- research types of plants, animals, etc.
- write about your own character
- describe an animal and its habitat
- describe a character
- describe your favorite book
- create a character for a story or book and write about it
- describe a place (ocean floor, castle, caves, city, setting, life in.., etc.)
- tell about your most recent family outing or get together
- write about a trip to anywhere you want to go
- write a story
- write a newspaper article
- write an anecdote
- tell a story about a trip to anywhere you have been or would like to go
- persuade your parents to let you have a certain pet or to...
- persuade your friend to...
- persuade the principal at your school to...
- write a letter to a friend persuading him/her to visit you this summer
- write an essay persuading people of the importance of...
- write a letter to...
- write a thank you note
- journal writing
- write a letter to introduce yourself to a pen pal
- write your opinion about...
- write an ad or commercial for print or visual media