Program Evaluation Services
Evaluations designed to build strong programs for language learners
Program evaluation has long been recognized as a valuable tool to provide programs with data to help inform decisions, improve program effectiveness, and ensure that the desired goals and stated outcomes of the program are being achieved. Whether on a small or large scale, external evaluations play an important role in strengthening programs serving language learners. CAL works as a partner in designing an evaluation methodology to best meet the needs of your program.
Drawing on decades of research connected to practice in language education, CAL offers evaluation and program design services to schools, districts, and other institutions that are planning or implementing programs for language learners. We provide evaluation services at all levels of instruction (preK-12, higher education, and adult education) in the United States and internationally. Our services are rooted in research-based tools and approaches, aligned with the common core state standards, and are tailored to meet your needs.
CAL staff have expertise in a wide range of methodologies:
- Quantitative (e.g., review of student outcome data; experimental, quasi-experimental and pre-/post-test studies; surveys)
- Qualitative (e.g., focus groups, observations, interviews, document reviews)
- Mixed-methods (combining qualitative and quantitative methods)
Types of services you can choose from:
- Program planning and needs assessment addresses specific planning questions, such as “Should we establish a dual language program in our district?” or “What topics should we prioritize for staff professional development?”
- Program evaluations examine how a program is implemented and/or what the outcomes are. Evaluation projects vary based on how comprehensive they are (topics, stakeholders consulted), the size of the program, and whether the client wants a brief or more detailed report
- Evaluation technical assistance projects help clients design or implement their own evaluations through mentorship, evaluation capacity building, or the development of evaluation tools
- Workshops train practitioners who may be involved in program evaluation on different approaches to language program evaluation and the basic steps involved in designing an evaluation
CAL's services can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Contact CAL to discuss your interests.