Adult ESL and Client Relations Specialist
Job Title: Adult ESL and Client Relations Specialist
CAL Classification: Administrative Specialist/Research Assistant
Division: Administration Division
Division Appointment: Regular/Full-time
Position Available: Immediately
Adult ESL and Client Relations Specialist provides adult ESL expertise, manages BEST Plus Trainer Program, and delivers training activities to support the BEST Plus, BEST Literacy, and CAL English Proficiency Test (EPT) areas. The Specialist leads client relations, promotes sales and supports customers with CAL’s products and services, including assessment instruments, online education, institutes and publications.
Adult English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Oversee CAL assessments (BEST Plus and CAL EPT) trainer certification and recertification processes.
- Develop new sales by guiding clients and trainers through implementation of BEST Plus or CAL EPT test programs.
- Provide and present instructional content to trainers, state directors, and ESL/EFL program coordinators.
- Develop and provide professional development for domestic and international projects for CAL.
- Collaborate with other ESL/EFL specialists and CAL staff on new and on-going projects in adult ESL.
- Provide training and technical assistance for the CAL EPT and other adult ESL related international projects.
- Provide input on product development and revision based on questions and feedback from clients.
- Participate in research relevant to the field of adult English language learners, language proficiency development, and attainment of educational goals, as related to teacher education.
- Share information and resources through publications, presentations, and conferences with practitioners in the field of adult ESL.
- Manage daily operational support systems: phone calls and emails from internal and external clients for CAL’s online courses, institutes, and third-party vendors including.
- Maintain accurate electronic records, using CAL's contact management system for tracking trainers and test administrators, as well as key contacts with clients and prospects.
- Coordinate with manager on the proposal development request (PDR) and project number request processes for training workshops.
- Coordinate with Communications and Marketing staff on client relations communications.
- Manage clients and coordinate with CAL Store staff on payments and client communications domestic and abroad.
- Coordinate with support staff to respond to non-routine user inquiries and build capacity and infrastructure for assessment, professional development, technical support, and other related support areas designated for customer support and client relations activities (i.e. New Item Forms, Bulk Orders, Internal orders, etc.)
- Maintain both paper and electronic files tracking the status and contact information for all BEST Plus and CAL EPT Test Administrators, trainers, and trainers-in-training.
- Provide backup for: the registration managements systems for online learning certificate courses and SOPA courses, facilitating Moodle (registrations, logins, course creation and copying), and troubleshooting technical assistance for CAL’s online courses, institutes, and third-party vendors.
- Provide additional client relations support to other CAL projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field, with at least two (2) years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field.
- Experience with adult learners, coaching/training, testing, or previous experience in an educational setting.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including courteousness, tact and good verbal communications.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of organization and accuracy.
- Experience with customer service and sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- BEST Plus certified trainer, or master trainer.
- Knowledge of GoldMine or other similar CRM software.
- Knowledge of Emma or other similar email marketing software.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks and make routine decisions without immediate supervision, and must be accurate, efficient and discrete when handling detailed and often sensitive work assignments.
Remote Work and Relocation
This position requires on-site work at the CAL office in Washington, DC. There is no option for remote work and/or relocation assistance for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. The employee may be required to sit or stand in a stationary position for 50% of the time. This position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. CAL adheres to ADA compliance and guidelines as a common practice.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CAL expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CAL employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Please provide a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing position number "19-05 Adult ESL and Client Relations Specialist” in subject line.
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, DC 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 19-05 Adult ESL and Client Relations Specialist
email@example.com Attn: Recruitment 19-05 Adult ESL and Client Relations Specialist
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.