Customer Support Assistant
Job Title: Customer Support Assistant
CAL Classification: Administrative Coordinator
Division: Language Assessment Division
Position Available: Immediately
The Customer Support Assistant provides telephone and email customer service and support to users of CAL’s adult ESL assessment, including BEST Plus and BEST Literacy and other CAL products and services.
• Provide daily telephone and email support, including technical support, for BEST Plus and BEST Literacy test administrators and programs.
• Organize and archive responses to customers and enter into Call Log.
• Enter and maintain database information.
• Maintain digital and/or paper files of prior test administrator information.
• Provide administrative support (copying, printing, mailing correspondence, data analysis), as needed.
• Acknowledge receipt of BEST Plus orders, handle test activations, confirm by email, and enter into internal BEST Plus database.
• Organize and archive important communications with BEST Plus and BEST Literacy customers on the shared network drive, as well as in a hard-copy file.
• Help prepare and package materials needed for training assignments and conference presentations.
• Organize and mail complimentary materials and packets of information to prospective clients.
• Participate in periodic meetings.
• Complete other assignments at the direction of the Customer Relations Associate Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma with at least six (6) years of relevant experience required; or
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field, with two (2) years of relevant experience.
• Experience with adult learners, testing, or previous experience in an educational setting preferred.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Knowledge of Square Space or similar CMS software preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including courteousness, tact and good verbal communications, detail oriented with a high degree of organization and accuracy.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks and make routine decisions without immediate supervision, and must be accurate, efficient and discrete when handling detailed and often sensitive work assignments.
Remote Work and Relocation
This position requires on-site work at the CAL office in Washington, DC. There is no relocation assistance for
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. The employee may be required to sit or stand in a stationary position for 50% of the time. This position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. CAL adheres to ADA compliance and guidelines as a common practice.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CAL expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CAL employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Please provide a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing position number “20-03 Customer Support Assistant” in subject line.
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 20-03 Customer Support Assistant
Attn: Recruitment 20-03 Customer Support Assistant
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.