Language Testing Specialist (Grades 1-5)
CAL Classification: Technical Specialist
Division/Program: PreK-12 ELL Assessment
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Develop test items for a large-scale English language assessments for K-12 English language learners (ELLs) that is computer-delivered, focused on grades 1-5.
- Evaluate, review and write test materials and documents, including providing feedback to team members on test item development.
- Review and revise items for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Communicate and collaborate within and across teams throughout the test development process.
- Adhere to quality control procedures for computer-delivered items.
- Prepare and maintain files and records (summary reports, electronic notes, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Write and revise test item specifications.
- Assist with internal and external reviews.
- Write and refine graphics descriptions to support student comprehension in test items.
- Evaluate and track changes to graphics for content accuracy and grade-level appropriateness.
- Coordinate item development tasks of external consultants to ensure timely delivery of test items.
- Maintain test item database.
- Organize and execute answer key checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in related field and five (5) years of related experience or Master’s degree (MA/MS) with two (2) years of related experience are required.
- Experience working with elementary-school level ELLs (grades 1-5).
- Experience teaching academic content and/or English as a second language for elementary school students.
- Experience developing tests (especially computer-based or language tests).
- Familiarity with English language proficiency assessments.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS6 InDesign and Microsoft Office software.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 17-06
Attn: Recruitment 17-06
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.