Language Testing Specialist
Job Title: Language Testing Specialist
CAL Classification: Research Assistant
Division: Language Assessment
Division Appointment: Regular/Full-time
Position Available: Immediately
Language Testing Specialist develops test items for English language assessments for K-12 English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Evaluate, review and write test materials and documents, including providing feedback to team members on test item development.
- Review and revise items for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Communicate and collaborate within and across teams throughout the test development process.
- Adhere to qualify control procedures for test items.
- Prepare and maintain files and records (summary report, electronic notes, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Write and revise test item specifications.
- Assist with internal and external reviews.
- Write and refine graphics descriptions to support student comprehension in test items.
- Evaluate and track changes to graphics for content accuracy and grade-level appropriateness.
- Coordinate item development tasks of external consultants to ensure timely delivery of test items.
- Maintain test item database.
- Organize and execute answer key checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field, with at least two (2) years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field.
- Experience working with K-12 English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Experience developing English as a Second Language (ESL) / English as a Foreign Language (EFL) tests for K-12 students.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail with strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of a language other than English preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS6 InDesign and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work well within a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. The employee may be required to sit or stand in a stationary position for 50% of the time. This position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. CAL adheres to ADA compliance and guidelines as a common practice.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CAL expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CAL employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Please provide a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, referencing position number "18-05 Language Testing Specialist” in subject line.
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, DC 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 18-05 Language Testing Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Recruitment 18-05 Language Testing Specialist
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.