Quantitative Research Assistant
Job Title: Quantitative Research Assistant
CAL Classification: Research Assistant
Division: Language Assessment Division
Division Appointment: Regular/Full-time
Position Available: Immediately
The Quantitative Research Assistant (QRA) works with CAL’s psychometrics and quantitative research team to provide assistance and support in research and project activities related to the ACCESS for ELLs English language proficiency assessment and other English language proficiency assessments. The QRA assists senior researchers in the preparation of analyses and tables and figures to include in written reports. Work includes the analysis of assessment data for internal and external applications, and the preparation of technical reports.
- Data cleaning.
- Creating SPSS syntax to clean and manipulate data sets.
- Work with large data files, including investigating and understanding data transfer procedures and their applications.
- Descriptive statistical analysis in Excel and SPSS.
- Checking analysis.
- Investigating and understanding data sets and their connection to applications.
- Work to prepare technical reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field, with at least two (2) years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a relevant field with strong quantitative background.
- Experience working with SPSS, in a professional position or extended research project.
- Experience working with Excel, in a professional position or extended research project.
- Experience working with large quantitative data sets.
- Experience with following quality control procedures and documenting workflow.
- Experience working with a quantitative research team.
- Experience with SPSS syntax, in a professional position or extended research project.
- Experience with educational assessment, especially language assessment and/or online adaptive assessment.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced SPSS skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects independently.
Remote Work and Relocation
This position requires on-site work at the CAL office in Washington, DC. There is no option for remote work and/or relocation assistance for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. The employee may be required to sit or stand in a stationary position for 50% of the time. This position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. CAL adheres to ADA compliance and guidelines as a common practice.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CAL expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CAL employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Please provide a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, referencing position number “19-15 Quantitative Research Assistant” in subject line.
For best consideration, please ensure your cover letter addresses the education requirement and the required and desired skills and experience.
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, DC 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 19-15 Quantitative Research Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Recruitment 19-15 Quantitative Research Assistant
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.