Research Assistant, Language Assessment
CAL Classification: Research Assistant I
Division/Program: Language Assessment Division
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Assist with tasks related to language assessments including: test development; test rating; research for tests of English proficiency; writing, proofreading and editing technical reports; reviewing and compiling data.
- Assist with development of item writing and review procedures and processes.
- Coordinate recruiting and hiring of consultants to serve as item writers and item reviewers.
- Contribute to development and delivery of item writer and reviewer training.
- Maintain correspondence with item writers and reviewers to answer questions and enforce deadlines.
- Track work completed by item writers and reviewers, and perform quality control checks.
- Participate in item reviewing and revision and provide assignments to other members of the project team as needed.
- Assist with the recruitment of field test sites, field test administrators and scorers.
- Assist with field test coordination.
- Assist with the compilation of scorer training materials.
- Assist with scoring and organization of scoring.
- Create meeting agendas and take and disseminate meeting notes.
- Assist in writing and editing technical reports.
- Responsible for cleaning data, creating data tables, coding open-ended survey responses, updating the text of reports following a pre-existing format, and proofreading reports.
- Assist with other administrative duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a relevant field and four (4) years of related experience; or Master’s degree (MA/MS) in a relevant field with at least two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience working with test development and item writing and/or English language teaching.
- Native or native-like proficiency in English.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent time management and adherence to deadlines.
- Thoroughness in execution of task assignments and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe CS6 InDesign and advanced Excel skills.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work flexibly and cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 17-08
Attn: Recruitment 17-08
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.