Senior Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
CAL Classification: Senior Research Associate
Division: Language Assessment
Division Appointment: Regular/Full-time
Position Available: Immediately
Senior Project Manager provides leadership and project management across language assessment projects, including test development and research efforts.
- Lead test development and language assessment projects in CAL’s Language Assessment Division, including projects in English as a Second or Foreign language and world languages.
- Develop and maintain project plans and timelines and work with team, including managing the work of external consultants.
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating with project managers and project directors and supervise staff as appropriate.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field, with eight (8) years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, in applied linguistics, language education, bilingual education or a related field, with six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with project management in language assessment and testing, including experience with item writing and review procedures and with quality control processes.
- Experience working in assessment or language education in the following contexts: (1) U.S. K-12 education; (2) Post-secondary institutions; (3) international education.
- Experience designing and implementing testing and research projects using both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use timeline and project management software to track project progress and monitor implementation across a large team.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, analytical, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct educational language assessment.
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. The employee may be required to sit or stand in a stationary position for 50% of the time. This position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. CAL adheres to ADA compliance and guidelines as a common practice.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CAL expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CAL employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Please provide a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, referencing position number "19-03 Senior Project Manager” in subject line.
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, DC 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 19-03 Senior Project Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Recruitment 19-03 Senior Project Manager
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.