Test Development Assistant (temporary position)
CAL Classification: Research Assistant I
Division/Program: Language Assessment Division
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk
Position Available: Immediately - Temporary position (approx. 4 months)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Assist with tasks related to test development, test rating, and research for tests of English proficiency.
- Assist with the compilation of scorer training materials.
- Assist with development of item writing and review procedures and processes.
- Coordinate recruiting and hiring of consultants to serve as item writers and item reviewers.
- Contribute to development and delivery of item writer and reviewer training.
- Maintain correspondence with item writers and reviewers to answer questions and enforce deadlines.
- Track work completed by item writers and reviewers, and perform quality control checks.
- Participate in item reviewing and revision and provide assignments to other members of the project team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned related to language testing and research projects.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a relevant field and three (3) years of related experience; or Master’s degree (MA/MS) degree in a relevant field.
Successful candidate will have experience working with test development and item writing and/or K-12 education.
The preferred candidate will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work flexibly and cooperatively in a fast paced team environment. Excellent skills in the following areas are highly desirable: native or native-like proficiency in English; proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; thoroughness in execution of task assignments; and excellent time management and adherence to deadlines.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, DC 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 17-04
Attn: Recruitment 17-04
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.