Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- Helping Newcomer Students Succeed in Secondary Schools and Beyond
- Heritage Language Education: A New Field Emerging
- Heritage Languages in America: Preserving a National Resource
- How Can the U.S. Overcome its Linguistic Deficit? The Findings of Two National Reports on Language Learners - A CAL Commentary
- Improving Early Literacy in PreK-3: Lessons Learned
- Improving Education for English Learners: Research-Based Approaches
- Indigenous Youth and Multilingualism: Language Identity, Idealogy, and Practice in Dynamic Cultural Worlds
- Internet Disparity Challenges: Schooling for All, June 2020
- Interrogating the "Language Gap" - A CAL Commentary
- Language and the Fulfillment of the Potential of All Americans