The internship program at CAL provides an opportunity for qualified individuals interested in language, linguistics, language testing, and related areas to gain experience working with CAL professional staff on projects appropriate to the interests and skills of the intern.
- Internships may take place at any time during the year, but most occur during the summer months.
- There is no minimum or maximum length of service.
- Intern Application Timeframes:
- Submit by March 1 for Summer and Fall Internships.
- Submit by October 1 for Winter Internships.
Follow the easy two step process below to apply for an internship at CAL.
1. Download and complete an Intern Application form:
CAL Intern Application Form 174.24 kB
2. Submit the completed Intern Application form, along with the following materials:
- A current résumé and cover letter
- A transcript or a list of relevant courses you have completed
- Two letters of recommendation (If they are sent separately, please provide a list of names and phone numbers of the references with your application.)
Submit to CAL via email or mail to Center for Applied Linguistics, Attn: Human Resources, 4646 40th Street NW, Washington, DC 20016-1859
Applications will be reviewed by the appropriate divisions within CAL.
NOTE: CAL's recruitment of interns will follow the same Equal Employment regulations as recruitment for staff and will not discriminate in selection based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment. In accordance with INS regulations, all successful intern applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.