CAL is working with the Oregon State Department of Education during the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 school years to support K-12 Biliteracy Pathways project grant recipients in the development, implementation and evaluation of existing and new model two-way and one-way dual language programs. Project activities include but are not limited to:
- providing technical assistance to grantees;
- facilitating a Professional Learning Community (PLC) with bi-monthly asynchronous meetings to support project implementation and an annual meeting in person at a professional conference for dual language educators (e.g., La Cosecha, ATDLE, NABE);
- reporting on the implementation status of each grant recipient’s project and the PLC, highlighting key milestones achieved, challenges encountered and recommendations for continued implementation of the program;
- evaluating each grantee’s overall project with a focus on student biliteracy outcomes;
- providing guidance to strengthen programs, particularly as they relate to the development and long term viability of strong K-12 biliteracy pathways and the possibility of replicating effective biliteracy pathways across the state.