The Center for Applied Linguistics develops a variety of publications related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, immigrant and refugee integration, and more.
Our publications are described within this section and also cross-referenced under the appropriate topic areas for your convenience. We invite you to browse our complete list of publications. Click on a title below for a brief description. To learn more or to order, visit the CAL Store.
Two videos, combined on on DVD, designed to assist refugees and refugee service providers in learning about the adjustment of refugee families and youth to their new lives in the United States.
The new and enhanced professional development manual is designed to assist educators as they prepare teachers of English language learners to use the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Model.
- Adult Biliteracy in the United States
- American Bilingual Tradition
- An Insider's Guide to SIOP Coaching
- Assessment for Language Instructors: The Basics
- BEST Literacy Test Manual
- Bilingual Community Education and Multilingualism: Beyond Heritage Languages in a Global City
- Building the Foreign Language Capacity We Need: Toward a Comprehensive Strategy for a National Language Framework
- CAL English Proficiency Tests for Teachers
- Chinese as a Heritage Language: Fostering Rooted World Citizenry
- Computerized Oral Proficiency Instrument (COPI)