CAL has created the CAL Commentary series to provide a channel for our staff and associates to voice their perspective on key topics and current issues related to language and culture.
Click on the titles listed below to learn more about each commentary and to download a free PDF.
- Ask a Test Developer
- Culture, Language, and Learning in the Age of the Diversity Explosion
- Diversifying the Teacher Pipeline: Precollegiate Recruitment
- Effective, Engaging, and Sustained Professional Development for Educators of Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students
- Ensuring Fairness in Language Proficiency Assessments: Q&A
- How Can the U.S. Overcome its Linguistic Deficit? The Findings of Two National Reports on Language Learners
- Interrogating the "Language Gap"
- The March for our Lives: Bringing Power and Authenticity to the Language and Literacy Standards
- Using a Process-based Approach to Evaluate the Peace Corps TEFL Certificate Program