CAL has created the CAL Commentary series to provide a channel for our staff and associates to voice their perspective on key topics and current issues related to language and culture.
Click on the titles listed below to learn more about each commentary and to download a free PDF.
- Ask a Test Developer
- Culture, Language, and Learning in the Age of the Diversity Explosion
- Diversifying the Teacher Pipeline: Precollegiate Recruitment
- Effective, Engaging, and Sustained Professional Development for Educators of Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students
- Ensuring Fairness in Language Proficiency Assessments: Q&A
- Internet Disparity Challenges: Schooling for All
- Interrogating the “Language Gap”
- The March for our Lives: Bringing Power and Authenticity to the Language and Literacy Standards
- Translanguaging: Theory, Concept, Practice, Stance… or All of the Above?
- Using a Process-based Approach to Evaluate the Peace Corps TEFL Certificate Program
- Using Sheltered Instructions to Support English Learners
- Implementing Common Core for English Learners – Responses to Common Questions
- Dual Language Education – Answers to Questions from the Field