Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- A History of Applied Linguistics: From 1980s to the Present
- Adult Biliteracy in the United States
- Adult English Proficiency Assessments
- American Bilingual Tradition
- America’s Languages: Investing in Language Education for the 21st Century
- An Insider's Guide to SIOP Coaching
- Ask a Test Developer - A CAL Commentary
- Assessment for Language Instructors: The Basics - Online Course
- BEST Literacy Test Manual
- Bilingualism in Schools and Society