Many decisions go into selecting and advocating for a test. In order to get a clear idea of which test might be for you, you’ll want to think about the following:
- What are my students’ backgrounds?
- Who will be administering the test?
- What resources are available?
- Why am I testing my students?
- What characteristics of my students and program will affect test selection?
- How will the test fit with the other assessment tools I use?
- Who will be scoring the test?
- How will I use and interpret the test scores?
- How will the test affect my teaching practice?
- How will it affect students, families and administrators?