Putting It All Together
What does it all mean?
In this module, we have learned about…
- Motivations and goals for post-secondary world language learners
- Proficiency-based approaches to world language instruction and assessment
- Selecting and using placement tests in post-secondary world language programs
- Developing assessment plans that align with instruction and support articulation
- Example scenarios of these concepts in different post-secondary world language contexts
We encourage you to use this information to make informed decisions about your assessment practices when working with world languages at the post-secondary level.
- For additional support in understanding the topics covered in this module, we invite you to take a look at the Resources section at the end of the module. This section includes references for further reading, a list of websites with relevant resources, and copies of the worksheets used in the module.
- For additional support in understanding the basic principles of assessment, we invite you to take a look at the Understanding Assessment tutorial.
Though finding the right assessments can be challenging in post-secondary world language courses and programs, we hope that the information provided in this module can support you in developing an assessment plan that will positively impact your students both inside and outside the classroom!