Sample Response – Elementary
1. What information does Margeaux want to know?
- Because Margeaux is evaluating the effectiveness of her district’s world language program, she may want information on the proficiency levels attained by students. In addition, she may also want to know about their achievement in the skills her program targets.
- Margeaux would also want to consider what skills her district emphasizes. If the world language program emphasizes communicative ability, she may want to find a test with a speaking section.
2. What decisions might be based on this information?
- The test results will be used as part of a program evaluation. Test results may be used to make decisions about the effectiveness of world language instruction in the district and may guide future revisions to the program. The results of the test will also provide feedback to parents, students, teachers, administrators, and the community about the students’ progress. Finally, the results may help Margeaux make a case for expanding the program.