Sample Response – Secondary
1. What information does Mr. Gomez want to know?
- Because Mr. Gomez is evaluating the effectiveness of the district’s world language program, he may want information on the proficiency levels attained by students. In addition, he may also want to know about achievement in the skills his program targets.
- Mr. Gomez would also want to consider what skills his district emphasizes. If the world language program emphasizes communicative ability, he may want to find a test with a speaking section.
2. What decisions might be made based on this information?
- The test results will be used as part of a program evaluation. Test results may be used to make decisions about the effectiveness of world language instruction in the district and may guide future revisions to the program. The results of the test will also provide feedback to parents, students, teachers, administrators, and the community about students’ progress. Finally, the results may help Mr. Gomez gain additional funding to expand the program.